The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

Share | 
 

 Site Suggestions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Griever
Global Moderator
avatar

Posts : 295
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 25
Location : In between Heaven and Hell

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 pm

well technically there would be no need for that because all u need to do is check back every once and awhile or have your settings set to recieve an email every time there is a new post. If you have msn messenger or aim you can easily navigate other sites while waiting for new posts.

Though we all appreciate your input, given the already available features, it would seem pointless, to say the least, to add a new post section.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, just wanted to make myself as clear as possible without being a total ass.

_________________
You just wish you had the heart of a lion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
G4Oblivion
New Member
New Member
avatar

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-27
Location : Eastern US

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

The site loads a little slow for me on my PSP and computer.

I think this is due to some of these things:

Sitebanner:
I'm not 100% sure but I think making it progressive would help. Turning down the quailty as much as possible to reduce size without hurting the image would help too.
Progressive 3 scans. Size 87.3kb, original 141kb, Difference 53.7kb
(Image is at bottom of post)

Ads:
Ads take awhile to load, I'm unsure why.

Background:
You should think about making a small image pattern then repeating it.
Example: http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/4703/88271191.png

Biggest unchangeable problem is:
Hosted on a forum site.

Original Image:


Progressive scan image with smaller size:


Can you see a difference?

The original image took a little while to load up on my PSP and top half loaded then bottom.
The new image loaded instantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 am

here's a suggestion this site needs more desu. Razz
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
avatar

Posts : 213
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 317
Location : The Empire

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 am

Keyblade knight wrote:
here's a suggestion this site needs more desu. Razz
Desu?
You know what desu mens right?

As for the imaging factors, that's dev's department.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:03 pm

tatsuya wrote:
Keyblade knight wrote:
here's a suggestion this site needs more desu. Razz
Desu?
You know what desu mens right?

As for the imaging factors, that's dev's department.

Yes i am aware of what it means i was kidding tatsuya. hence the :p there...
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
avatar

Posts : 122
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-08-20
Location : My Own Escape.~

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Keyblade knight wrote:
tatsuya wrote:
Keyblade knight wrote:
here's a suggestion this site needs more desu. Razz
Desu?
You know what desu mens right?

As for the imaging factors, that's dev's department.

Yes i am aware of what it means i was kidding tatsuya. hence the :p there...

I Love You, Little Buddy!!

_________________
To follow the path within:
Look to the master. Follow the master. Walk with the master. See through the master. Become the master.



-What is a Hacker?-

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is

~Tecurious: Destiny Fulfilled.~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
avatar

Posts : 122
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-08-20
Location : My Own Escape.~

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 pm


We need a news section, or something to do with general education...

_________________
To follow the path within:
Look to the master. Follow the master. Walk with the master. See through the master. Become the master.



-What is a Hacker?-

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is

~Tecurious: Destiny Fulfilled.~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Griever
Global Moderator
avatar

Posts : 295
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 25
Location : In between Heaven and Hell

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 am

I would suggest a News Section where people can post the latest upcoming news, let it be, gaming, politics, etc. Anything new and interesting, of course, this could be considered a General Discussion, but I feel it could prove to be rather beneficial to those who like to hear the everyday nonsense that goes on in the world or an update on the latest gaming.

Of course, this is agreeing with Tec...forgot to quote, lol

_________________
You just wish you had the heart of a lion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
avatar

Posts : 213
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 317
Location : The Empire

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 am

Griever wrote:
I would suggest a News Section where people can post the latest upcoming news, let it be, gaming, politics, etc. Anything new and interesting, of course, this could be considered a General Discussion, but I feel it could prove to be rather beneficial to those who like to hear the everyday nonsense that goes on in the world or an update on the latest gaming.

Of course, this is agreeing with Tec...forgot to quote, lol

Done.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lego1995
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
avatar

Posts : 623
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 22
Location : On a Comic Strip

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 am

Make me a mod and I could really help.Being serious this site is great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psikyo Fox
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Just one tiny little thing...

During user registration, entering your own website is mandatory (marked with a * symbol).

I think you should change the website entry field to non-mandatory, as not everybody has a website to enter... and this prevents them from registering an account unless they make something up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Hmm didnt know that ill check it out.Thanks.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firestarter
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 385
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 am

Sometimes when you click on "View latest post" it takes you one page back to a different post.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 02, 2012 9:14 am

Firestarter wrote:
Sometimes when you click on "View latest post" it takes you one page back to a different post.

Do you have an example mate ..It could be a section bug.Which I can sort out.
Or is it just random?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firestarter
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 385
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 am

Admin wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
Sometimes when you click on "View latest post" it takes you one page back to a different post.

Do you have an example mate ..It could be a section bug.Which I can sort out.
Or is it just random?

It happens sometimes whenever I click on The Counting Game and Random info.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 am

Firestarter wrote:


It happens sometimes whenever I click on The Counting Game and Random info.

Hmm strange the setting for that section seem fine.Hopefully its temporary and will sort itself out...LOL

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
avatar

Posts : 213
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 317
Location : The Empire

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Psikyo Fox wrote:
Just one tiny little thing...

During user registration, entering your own website is mandatory (marked with a * symbol).

I think you should change the website entry field to non-mandatory, as not everybody has a website to enter... and this prevents them from registering an account unless they make something up.


Fixed, you no longer can put in a website when joining the site, but you should still be able to post it in your profile, etc after you have joined though.

Firestarter wrote:


It happens sometimes whenever I click on The Counting Game and Random info.
Unfortunately, as far as i can tell it's a bug in the forum software, which we can do little about.

Basically, the forum topic updates faster than the "latest post" option does internally in the forum software, thus to the forum the post it takes you to is the most recent, even if it isn't.

Unfortunately, changing the forum software's update rate isn't editable on our end.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firestarter
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 385
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 am

Minor spelling issue here.

Wrestling/Sports Entertainmenat News And Rumors
http://gamerscorner.forumsmotion.com/f29-wrestling-sports-entertainmenat-news-and-rumors

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

LOL .Thanks man.Fixed.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psikyo Fox
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 am

Any chance of an "attachments" option in posts to avoid typing out long hyperlinks from imageshack etc?
Images and youtube videos dont always display when hyperlinked in posts.
Could that be a possible forum software error?

Ive checked and typed in picture links 3 or 4 times, but the actual pics never display in post previews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 am

Psikyo Fox wrote:
Any chance of an "attachments" option in posts to avoid typing out long hyperlinks from imageshack etc?
Images and youtube videos dont always display when hyperlinked in posts.
Could that be a possible forum software error?

Ive checked and typed in picture links 3 or 4 times, but the actual pics never display in post previews.

For embedded youtube videos..
Just type.
[youtube] [/youtube] and add the link to the page in the middle.
For image attachments you have aload of mini square icons at top of your reply page..One is a pic of a colored square with a little blue disk in the middle of it.That is for adding images either from a url or direct from your PC.

Hope this helps.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
avatar

Posts : 213
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 317
Location : The Empire

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 16, 2012 4:55 am

Admin wrote:
Psikyo Fox wrote:
Any chance of an "attachments" option in posts to avoid typing out long hyperlinks from imageshack etc?
Images and youtube videos dont always display when hyperlinked in posts.
Could that be a possible forum software error?

Ive checked and typed in picture links 3 or 4 times, but the actual pics never display in post previews.

For embedded youtube videos..
Just type.
[youtube] [/youtube] and add the link to the page in the middle.
For image attachments you have aload of mini square icons at top of your reply page..One is a pic of a colored square with a little blue disk in the middle of it.That is for adding images either from a url or direct from your PC.

Hope this helps.

Or you could use the buttons above your posting area to do so, like so:

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psikyo Fox
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 287
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-28
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 am



Thanks for your help guys, i was having a blonde day and didnt know what that icon was for... all sorted now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Firestarter
Forum Master
Forum Master
avatar

Posts : 385
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 am

Theres no thread for this, but this new member is a bot.
http://gamerscorner.forumsmotion.com/u51

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Devastating
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1426
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Firestarter wrote:
Theres no thread for this, but this new member is a bot.
http://gamerscorner.forumsmotion.com/u51

Thanks man taken care of.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   

Back to top Go down
 
Site Suggestions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Anyone know a good overseas site to buy cd's from?
» Revamping Site!
» New Gfx Site
» zombie dating site
» Im bored, give me suggestions.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Corner :: Site Feedback+Ideas :: Feedback and Ideas.-
Jump to: